Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Power of Simple Words

The lyrics to a song from children’s choir about walking in someone else’s shoes were molded into my mind in elementary school. Growing up, God reminded me of that song time and again as He began developing compassion and grace within my heart.
Thank you, Mrs. Patricia Ethridge, for letting God use you to mold the thoughts of His child.

“God has a reason,”
were sincere, deeply moving words spoken by a woman as she told me about her miscarriage. Her unwavering faith was a testimony of God’s power at a time in my life when I was beginning to truly understand what faith really is. I still get an overwhelming sense of admiration and awe as I think about this woman and the truth she brought to life as she allowed God to work in her weakness.
Thank you, Heather Johnson, for letting God speak through you to strengthen my faith in His plan.

“Follow the desire God has put on your heart,” were encouraging words that brought new light to the role God created for men to fill. It wasn’t so much the words that stick with me, but it is the sense of support and devotion to following God’s plan that my fiancé brought to life the night he suggested I pursue “the road less traveled.” From his simple push and affirmation, I understood the depth of joy found in submission to a man completely yielded to Christ.
Thank you, Ben Hutchison, for letting God speak through you day after day to give me courage.

“You may have to live on ramen noodles for a while, but you will make it.”
In the midst of utter uncertainty about where life was leading, a man devoted to the life God called him to spoke these words to me and my fiancé. He laughed as he said it, but the testimony of his life revealed the truth that God is consistent, and He will protect and provide for His children who follow Him.
Thank you, Dr. Allen Jackson, for letting God speak through you to bring comfort and peace.

A minister’s wife shared her purpose through the simple statement, “My ministry is to my husband.” As thoughts race in my head about the role of a wife submitted to God and her husband, God allowed this woman to bring me the basic truth that is to be the foundation of our marriage.
Thank you, Jan Hutchison, for letting God speak through you to organize and focus my purpose.

“I pray that God will wash away any words that He didn't need you to hear,”
were the humble parting words of my mentor after sharing her valuable wisdom and advice about life’s direction. On the flip side, the truths God has revealed through our conversations have resonated in my heart.
Thank you, Sandra Reynolds, for letting God use you to teach me a new prayer and to show me the importance of the words I speak.

“I’m proud of you.” Hearing these words when I do well is encouraging. But hearing them when I fail in my eyes and the eyes of those around me has painted a vivid picture of the grace God bestows on His children. These words have helped me grow up with complete confidence that my parents will love me unconditionally no matter what the circumstance, so how much more must God love me!
Thank you, Mom & Dad, for letting God use you to live out His grace and love.

"Uncertainty is adventure." These are words passed along by a couple who live faithfully devoted to God and who selflessly serve.
Thank you, Nathan & Ashley Taylor, for letting God use you to be an example for me & Ben in all aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment