Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What Do You Believe part II

I believe that because I have fallen short of God's holiness and perfection time & time again (Romans 3:23), God sent Jesus to earth in human flesh. Jesus lived the EXAMPLE to follow on earth (refer to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). He broke down the practices of "professional" religion and taught about a relationship between a child & Father, a servant & Master, a student & Teacher! In finding my own beliefs, the belief that has turned my life upside down (in an amazing, take-your-breath type of way) is the realization of what Jesus' death & His resurrection means. Jesus didn't just die on a cross. He suffered the wrath and curse of God Himself so that we (the sinners, unworthy, & unholy ones) would be presented to a HOLY God as righteous and pure. But it gets even better! The only thing that can ultimately defeat humans is death. And on the 3rd day the world witnessed power GREATER THAN DEATH when Jesus was RESURRECTED, and death was conquered. Still not the end of the story - God alone gives faith allowing us to believe in His power. Our only source of life & hope comes from God, and He says by the same power that raised Jesus, WE are given life in our flesh through His Spirit (Romans 8:11). "God anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, & put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, GUARANTEEING what is to come." 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit! How amazing! How miraculous! "You are not your own; you were bought at a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 God gave us a GIFT of freedom over death, sin, & Satan by empowering you with his Spirit (Galations 5:1). He is alive in those who believe! He is alive in ME!

In all of this realization and accumulation of "WHOA" moments, I also came to truly believe that NOTHING I can ever do will ever even begin to repay God. Fortunately, He doesn't ask us to repay him. He doesn't ask us to work our way into Heaven. He asks us to believe in Him and to seek Him. GOD (the Maker of the universe, Creator of all, Savior to the world) wants to be in a relationship with us, His creation and children. God wants someone as undignified & lowly as me to know HIM! So my response - I seek Him in honest prayers (He knows what I'm thinking anyway, so why hold back my deepest doubts and questions for Him?). I seek Him in the scriptures and pray for Him to reveal himself to me as He teaches me.

I believe in God. I believe in Jesus. I believe in the Holy Spirit. I believe in the Bible. I believe in prayer. I believe in the Church. I believe in forgiveness and grace. I believe in demons & angels. I believe in miracles. I believe in a relationship with my Creator! I believe that every good thing inside of me is ONLY because of God.

I believe GOD IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS & DOES WHAT HE SAYS HE'LL DO! So, as for me, I don't want to waste a single day in the pursuit of a passionate, purpose-filled life found ONLY in my God. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment