Monday, November 16, 2009

I AM FREE

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

I am free
Free to love as never before
Throwing open
Windows and doors
Rejoicing in my wholeness
I see clearly
As I run with purpose
Choosing the right road
No longer stumbling
Over my own neediness
I move
Even paced
Head high
Shoulders back
Heart firmly in place
Making choices with my head
Not from my heart
Ignoring the demands of the flesh
I stretch my spirit
And respond to God’s voice
Running eagerly
Toward His instruction
Caught up in His potent promises
I am bound to Him
A willing love slave
Yet freer than I’ve ever been
Finding the lost pieces of myself
I foolishly gave to others
Casting pearls before the swine
Once weeping
Over the trampled pieces of my heart
I am now restored to give again
To one more deserving…

I discover I am
Lost in Him
Only to be found in the truth
Stronger than ever
Ready to love better
Because now I have more to give
And I will give
Carefully
Abundantly
And only at His leading
And in that understanding
I rest. I fly. I am free!
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment